|We took this picture ourselves from Piazzale Michelangelo.|
We went to 5 cities: Rome, Pisa, Florence, Verona, and Venice, but my favourite is still Florence.
I originally wanted to share every details of my journey to, and in, Italy, but I ended up with 4 pages of essay. I don't want to torture you with that. So let me just start with answering the question I got a lot regarding my trip to Italy: What are your recommendations for Italy?
Well, my recommendation is actually to quit your job, withdraw everything you have in your bank, and just move to Italy already. But since we live in a cruel world with everyone judging us, here are more realistic recommendations:
- You'll need internet there
- But don't buy SIM card in the airport
- When in Rome, go to Pane e Salame
- Walk around Florence
And there's of course the Florence Cathedral, the house of Il Duomo di Firenze. The beauty of it.. something you have to witness for yourself.
My only regret in Florence is that we only had barely a day there. Fret not, my love, I will come back!
- Florentine steak is the food of the gods
The place we went to was Trattoria Osteria Da Que' Ganzi. It's ranked pretty good in TripAdvisor, #56 of 2000+ restaurants in Florence, and they well-deserve their rank.
|Look at this beauty.|
- Gelato is overrated, go for wine instead.
- Going during low season like in October is not so bad. It's less crowded and I enjoyed the cool weather.
- Don't go for restaurants, please. PLEASE. The best food (and wine!) are from the small eating places.
- Fun fact: There are ancient water fountains in Rome that still work and we can still drink the water. They also have a few of these in Venice, but I didn't see it in Florence. So there's no need to buy bottled water, just refill your empty
- Why, oh why, wasn't I born in Italy T.T
And last but not least, always remember:
"It is a good life we lead, brother."
"The best. May it never change."
"And may it never change us."